Help picking a new HDTV monitor

saulat_99

Hi,

I am looking for a new TV for running my Xbox 360, Wii, running hdmi from PC to the HDTV, and streaming video through the Xbox. I have a surround receiver I use for sound. This will not be my primary PC monitor but more my gaming & video TV. I like my brothers HH281 Hanns G but it is not very available now. I am also looking in that price, around 250-300. I do not know what makes his monitor pop better than my PC monitor and my current HDTV. Is it the anti glare screen or maybe back lit led. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good hdtv/monitor in this price range that really pops. I saw him playing skyrim and the contrast looks so much better than on my Sony bravia, even though the manufacturer seems to state the contrast ratios as 800:1 and 700:1, not accounting for the huge difference I seem to be seeing. Thanks for any help.

saulat_99

I went into the store and picked out the best looking monitor in my opinion. It was the HP2711 which I got on ebay for about 280. It is backlit and pretty nice I think. It has dvi and HDMI. I use component cables for my Wii. Does anyone know what I need to run the Wii into the monitor? I am guessing some kinda hub or tv card. Thanks!