Help please (hijackthis log inside)

Cams

I have errors and warnings for miles under administrative events but the rest I saved and cleared.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Always run it after cleaning up an infection. Also you should stop system restore so it deletes any old restore points and then reenable it again and start fresh.

Cams

Sorry I dropped off the map I have a three month old, just moved, bought a house, got a new job, and bought a new car so I am really crunched for time.

Will system restore allow me to go back to before the problem occured without having to do all of this with you? It seems to really hog up yours and my time.

Anyhow I am making a new thread with some logs for my mom computer. I tried running a few programs and it helped but I would like your opinion if you dont mind. There is so much info in those logs that I dont understand so I have been leaving that part alone.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's really not a bother. I'm more worried about errors appearing in the event viewer after we have cleaned up your system. I would need to know what some of the errors are. I'm leaving for work shortly so I will reply tonight about the logs for your moms computer.

If you are still having some issues then you are better off just reinstalling windows as doing a system restore will put your system back into the shape it was before we started cleaning it up.

Cams

I meant in the future if something goes wrong I could try to do a system restore if it was only a small problem

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't already done so, please disable system restore so it deletes any infected restore points and then reenable it and then create a new restore point.

Sometimes doing a system restore will work, other times it won't.