help please

pavlakos

I had a computer that I *ehem* built a few years back. I actually just picked out the parts and had the Asian fellow at the store build it for me because I was afraid to mess it up.

Now I wanted to use it again after its been sitting in a corner for 3 years. It wouldn't start up properly as there is no OS, but I'm not sure if the hhd was reformatted properly or what's going on. I can't get windows to boot from the disc and now I've gone and pulled some wires on the mobo and everything's all a mess, BIOS won't even start, I'm getting no VGA output whatsoever. I had fiddled with the front panel wires ,I put everything back in place ,it turns on just no VGA output. I removed video card and audio card, no USB gafgets are plugged in just a keyboard.

I would have just thought the mobo was fried but a couple hours ago I got it to startup screen/BIOS and was able to view the specs and configs but still couldn't get windows to boot

I understand I'll need to provide you guys with more info for any real help so I'll post pics soon.

The last time I got VGA output I was stuck in BIOS and it was saying something about nvram, I tried a few things taking the ram out and powering back on, I've restarted my cmos settings at least 3 times...
...where is the little 1 pin wire labeled grnd supposed to be ? There's two of these wires one with the USB bundle and the other with the front panel bundle

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need someone with you that knows how to build a computer to make sure everything is in order and to diagnose any issues there are. If you have pulled wires and screwed around with stuff then its hard telling where you need to start. Find someone that is computer knowledgeable in your area and have them help you out.