Help Please!

ENVIEDENIGMA

Hi Everyone!

I need some help please.................

I have 2 laptops one of which the screen is broken (it works does turn on!), is there any way I can connect the 2 laptops together in order to read/take info from the hard drive from the laptop with the broken screen.

I have files on that hard drive I need access to

Any info would be helpful!!!!:)

g4m3rof1337

hi and welcome
i think this should go in the laptop section but hold on cause we dont need another post...

edit
there should be a way, through a pen drive, externall hdd, direct connect

see what my friends here say ;-)

Technogab

Hi Everyone!

I need some help please.................

I have 2 laptops one of which the screen is broken (it works does turn on!), is there any way I can connect the 2 laptops together in order to read/take info from the hard drive from the laptop with the broken screen.

I have files on that hard drive I need access to

Any info would be helpful!!!!:)

What kind of laptops? Are they Mac's? If so, just connect a firewire cable from one to the other and bootup both laptops. Hold down the "T" key on the good laptop and it will boot in target disk mode. You can then access the hard drive of the broken one and transfer the files to the disk on the good one. Or you can even run the operating system of the broken laptop off of the goodone through over the firewire cable. Target Disk mode is great for that.

If it's a Windows PC, try connecting both PC's on the same network through a hub. If you don't have a network or hub, you can use a crossover cable to connect the two. Bootup both PC's, on the good one map to the drive of the broken laptop. You may have to use the hidden shar c$ so that you can access the entire C drive if you dont have it shared. Go to a command prompt and type:
net use x: \\insert_name_of_broken_laptop_here\c$

You will then have your X drive mapped to the C drive of the broken laptop and you can transfer the files.