HELP!!!! Realtek ALC 880 drivers needed!

pwlljakob

I cant seem to find the drivers for this chipset anywhere! I just re installed windows XP and the Audio driver didnt install. If you guys could help that would be great.
Computer Specs:
HP Pavilion a1224n
Windows XP Pro SP3
3 GB RAM
3.06 GHz P4 HT
Thanks! :D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Follow the link for realtek and choose the xp driver. Do you have SP3 installed?

realtek.jpg

pwlljakob

Up to date 100% The first thing i did when i re-installed xp was update it.
I'll try re-installing it.
One question from me,
Why are you using IE8 Why not 9?
Just wondering...

pwlljakob

The Thing is, I keep re-installing the drivers and it just wont work! i Dont get any sound out of my speakers. They are plugged in, turned on and the volume up where i should be able to hear it AND IT STILL WONT WORK!

Hyper-Threaded

Under control panel- sound - does it say any audio device? Or is It just greyed out. On this pic it says creative sound PCI, does yours say anything here, or greyed out?

soundsandaudiodeviceswi.jpg

OvenMaster

VIP Member
The last thing I can think of is to go into Device Manager and look to see if there are any "!" exclamation points showing a problem, or even if the onboard sound is shown at all.

If it does not appear, then it would seem to me that the onboard sound is kaput... meaning a busted mobo.
Do you have any separate audio cards you can try, to test for any sound output at all?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in device manager under system devices. Do you have an entry labeled Microsoft UAA bus driver for HD audio? If not, this is why your sound will not install correctly. Do you have any entries in device manager with yellow question marks on it?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like your driver is installed properly. Make sure audio output is set correctly. You do have the speakers plugged into the green jack on the back of the motherboard?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Click on the audio tab and see if you can select realtek as your playback device. So there is no micorosft uaa bus driver for high defination audio listed under "system devices" in device manager?