Help with game (I am not 100% sure if this is the right place, bit of a nub)

UzumakiMitch

I am having trouble after installing the new patch of World Of warcraft, when I start it up now if it is mini screen it looks like this:
wow.jpg

and crashes to a blue screen if I make it full screen.
I have been led to believe that I need an updated driver or something, which I cannot find, this is the specs or whatever
video.jpg

Could I have some help please? I really wanna play WoW

Maddhatter

well...

here's the system requirements for world of warcraft i think the lack of ram will be your culprit

* 800 MHz or higher CPU.
* 256 MB or more of RAM.
* 32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware Transform and Lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better.
* 4 GB or more of available hard drive space.
* DirectX® 9.0c or above.
* A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection.

UzumakiMitch

I have already tried that (I had to leave it on overnight >.>) and when I tried it, as I hadn't done the options so it wans't in windowed mode, it crashed, it had worked fine the time I had to open it up for the patch before and to start up the new patch but now it goes to a vlue screen, which I can't take screenshots for >_< I have tried looking on the ATI website for driver updates but I cna't find any, so I don't really know wat to do.

goosy22

k... do you atleast meet the minimum requirements for the game? i mean you should post complete computer specifications to help the troubleshooting :)...

goosy22

k... i don't know how much this may matter... but isn't the FireGL a video card for mainly CAD type applications? not for gaming?

UzumakiMitch

Well I did have to make the graphic specs really low when I played otherwis eit would lag up as hell, I am just using a kinda crap laptop to play, see...

UzumakiMitch

Yeah it worked, it worked (as in you could open it up and get to theoretically would be to play the game before I wa sprompted to download the new patch) then after the new patch is installed once I start the game up I have these troubles

goosy22

Yeah it worked, it worked (as in you could open it up and get to theoretically would be to play the game before I wa sprompted to download the new patch) then after the new patch is installed once I start the game up I have these troubles

hmm... another question, as i'm not a video card guru... does your GPU support DirectX 9.0c? or did you just install it without worry... it sounds like a graphical problem to me...

UzumakiMitch

I tried installing the patch again but both times it says something about a corrupt file, which nI have ignored as it has said it about other programs which work fine and the warning goes after awhile.
Also I downloaded an update to the video driver which is supposedly the most up to date one yet it still crashes, surely it shouldn't crash, and just tell me that it cannot display it?

Last edited:

goosy22

Also I downloaded an update to the video driver which is supposedly the most up to date one yet it still crashes, surely it shouldn't crash, and just tell me that it cannot display it?

not necessarily... as most others can tell you, the newest drivers aren't always the best...

and i would try archangel's recommendation if you haven't already...