Help with iPod screen!

shupola

whats up guys,

well, i havent been around for a while because i have been in a different state for almost 2 and a half months working my a$$ off. i have had my laptop with me but havent really had time to post much. anyway.........good to be back for a few minutes:).

while i have been away from home working and making all this money, i decided to buy a 5g ipod. i must say that i am thoroughly impressed with the thing. i have heard mixed reviews from people who have them, but i am really enjoying mine. but there is one problem. i have had it for about two weeks and the screen is already a little bit scratched. is there a good scratch remover on the market that wont damage the ipod? and i also need a case that will protect the screen or something like that. any input and/or links would be great.:)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
@bigsaucybob - he has the 5gb iPod

@shupola - As far as a case for it, it shouldn't be too hard to find, either go to a retailer that sells iPods, or Apple themselves. As for the scratch remover, check with Apple again on that, but I would think that some scratch remover like is used on watch faces should do the trick...

Dr Studly

banned
i have a 5G... yea it scratches easy... idk of any scratch removers, but i know of the BEST cases. iSkin makes the BEST iPod cases...

www.iskin.com

the 5g cases there are pretty sweet... i haven't gotton around to gettin one cus i am using my $$$ for buying a PC, but man, i had one for my mini, it was awsome... IMO the best iPod cases...

Dropkickmurphys

i dont know of any good scratch removers, but you can buy fairly decent screen protectors, they are just like think bits of clear plasticy stuff...lol, but they do their job well!

Dr Studly

banned
mrgeorgedude said:
actually now that i think about it there arent any 5gig ipods...i think
yea that is wut the original one wus... it sucked... and i am pretty sure he means 5 generation cus they do have a problem with scratches... expeciall the black ones... mine does (except it is white, but all the 5genterations do)...

bigsaucybob

Encore4More said:
yea that is wut the original one wus... it sucked... and i am pretty sure he means 5 generation cus they do have a problem with scratches... expeciall the black ones... mine does (except it is white, but all the 5genterations do)...

yea my black one does. but i thought the 5G referred to the video and nano thats why i asked which ipod earlier in the thread.

mrgeorgedude

ya my black nano scratches like hell...i have a cool case called "ispeck"...it has a pretty cool hard plastic screen protector...i think my mom got it off of amazon for christmas (like 20 bucks)

shupola

@ everyone....i have the 5th Generation Ipod, not the 5 gig one. the one with video(which is the main reason i bought it.) and i have the black one, and yes it does scratch easily.

anyway, thanks for the replies. i have never heard of brasso b4 but i will give it a try. and i will also look into the iskin website.

one more question......i will probably get some kind of software to convert videos to ipod format. the main reason is for if i rip dvds, but i cant remember if dvds are ripped in mp4 format?? will i need a convertor for dvds or not? if yes, reccomend a good one, and if no, reccomend some good dvd ripping/burning software. i also need a dvd decoder and decrypter, so an all in one would be nice.

thanks again:)