Help with Photoshop CS6

MyCattMaxx

I'm a complete noob at this and was wondering the easiest way to cut out the pipe from the white background.
I'm going to paste it on a truck and obviously the white portion won't work.

I am going to use this thread for some other questions as I go.
Thanks for any help, Maxx.

maxstack-6.jpg

jt72

Yes, you can use either quick selection, or magic wand, which are both in the same place in your tool box. You can set the tolerance (sensitivity) of these tools in the bar at the top, and after you've done it you should probably feather your selection (select, modify, feather...2 or 3 pixels should do it). It's pretty easy once you've done it a couple of times. Have fun.

MyCattMaxx

Been quite awhile since I posted, but farming and other projects have kept me busy.
I finally started to find some time in the last 2 weeks to actually start messing around with it.
Besides making the typical political posters I finally turned my attention to working on the truck pic.

Went a different route than I planned and I'm kind of stuck on making a second exhaust pipe look right and the same issue with the curb feelers.
The size of the beacons is on purpose.

This is a HUGE leap from M$ Paint.
Object is to pimp out this truck. :D

Before:

i1h9xv.jpg

So far:

352nghs.jpg

Troncoso

VIP Member
The beacons should be rotated about 20 degrees to the right, but even in photoshop, it's not really that simple. Besides that, looking good. What are "curb feelers"? I mean, based on the name and how they look, they "feel" the "curb". But, how is that useful?

MyCattMaxx

It's nowhere near perfect but will pass for what I am using it for.
Adding some bull horns (animal) that I cropped from a car pic.

Curb feelers are of 2 types: electric and cheap.
It has feelers that upon coming in contact with a curb make noise.
The electric contacts a switch that operates a buzzer and the cheaper one is really more for looks.
They are popular with a couple of segments of our society here just for the look (pimp'n).

That exhaust pipe is actually 3 pieces put together with some brush work at the middle. Not pretty but good enough for now.
The headlights are from the Griswold's station wagon in National Lampoon's Vacation.
The spinner rims are 2 pieces put together, the gold tri-spoke caps were added to the rims and then I sized them to make the tires look low profile.

It's kind of tough trying to make do with pics that weren't taken at a good angle but I'm getting by for a total noob.

I can't seem to find a long horn to put on the fenders that are at a workable angle..........