Hey Guys, i need help.

4wheelingaj

hey guys... I need some help with my DELL Inspiron laptop. I was on the internet, when the computer froze up, so I tried Ctrl, ALT, DEL. And so i did what i always do, I unplugged the laptop and pulled the battery out. I went to turn it back on and it froze up. Now it will not even turn on. i was thinking it was a virus, But i'm not sure. Can you guys help?

4wheelingaj

It is an Inspiron 600m.

Well, it turned on now, and is working, for some reason it fixed itself.But when it was not working, it wouldn't even turn on and the power light would just turn on for about 10 seconds.

knero

It is an Inspiron 600m.

Well, it turned on now, and is working, for some reason it fixed itself.But when it was not working, it wouldn't even turn on and the power light would just turn on for about 10 seconds.

Ok, if it happens again, I believe it's a problem with the memory or mobo also.

Drenlin

hey guys... I need some help with my DELL Inspiron laptop. I was on the internet, when the computer froze up, so I tried Ctrl, ALT, DEL. And so i did what i always do, I unplugged the laptop and pulled the battery out. I went to turn it back on and it froze up. Now it will not even turn on. i was thinking it was a virus, But i'm not sure. Can you guys help?

That was not a smart move...you can damage things by doing that. If you want it to turn off, just hold the power button down. Much safer. This works on any computer.

4wheelingaj

Now it is doing the same thing again. I just remembered today that before it started doing this, it told me that it had low virtual memory, could that be contributing to it?

BigSteve702

low virtual memory would make sense with it locking up, but not with the issue powering it

when you get it into windows, go to the system window with hardware, general, automatic updates tabs n whatnot

go to advanced, and click the performance button. in the new window, click the advanced tab. go to the virtual memory, and crank it up

after that, id do the ram dance. pull out one stick at a time and see if one of them works fine alone. if it keeps occurring, its something else (usually bad board)

also, its not too much work to reseat the processor and put on some better thermal paste (only helps if overheating is the problem)

PCwhoop

banned

never do that, when it freeze up, just hold down the power switch 5 seconds, the computer will be forced to turn off. this is a hardware function. if it doesn't work, it means the hardware has problem rather than the software system