Hey this is my first time to hear about xfx mobo..

ComNewbie

this is my first time to hear about xfx board... is that a good brand?for gaming mobo? the model of the XFX is 790i ULTRA. i want to know from the people who really examine the performances of the arrays of boards.

i'm trying to build a gaming computer but im so confusd about the motherboard because other mobo has a good looking heat pipes/system but has a lesser memory slot then on the other hand other mobo's has a great capacity of future specs or should i say modern/hi-end specs BUT its heatsinks are lesser and ugly.

My point there is that i really don't know which brand is for gaming. GIGABYTE, ASUS, XFX, EVGA, MSI? can somebody tell me which should i go for and which mobo now in the market has a great capacity for futuristic specs and has a great heat system?

pdc76

i have an evga board and it's great. it's the 780i, but it's identical other than the 790i takes ddr3. great gaming board.

just a noob

if your looking at nvidia boards, evga is probably the better manufacturer to choose, if your looking at intel boards, all above listed brands are good(usually, research before you buy)

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yeap, both made by Foxconn, Foxconn makes a massive amount of stuff. The PCB and all parts on the board. Gigabyte and Asus both have Foxconn parts on them. But XFX and EVGA board are full Foxconn boards. Think they went to far on some boards and the EVGA/XFX and Foxconn boards were identical, so they started making slight differences so it wasnt so in your face.

Foxconn makes some good boards, but some crap ones too. Been trying to get into the aftermarket latley. Big time OEM manufacture supplier.

Last edited:

just a noob

now that you say it, i do kind of remember that, but what about the nonrefrence boards? because thinking about it, the maximus 2 board i have has foxconn on the ethernet ports and other parts :p

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well they make every part thats on a board, So when Gigabyte or Asus and so on orders parts from there suppliers alot of the parts are Foxconn branded.

Foxconn and believe it or not ECS sells alot of boards and parts to OEMs and parts warehouses/suppliers.

I remember when they first starting making them for XFX and EVGA, the EVGA had better reviews as far as problems. The joke was EVGA paid a better price for them. So XFX got all the defective ones:D

Example

XFX 590
13-141-001-04.jpg

EVGA 590
13-188-016-04.jpg

Foxconn 590
13-186-098-04.jpg

Last edited:

ComNewbie

hey im not sure if newegg is a certified good trading company, does any1 have already tried buying from newegg? im afraid because it is electronic then it might not work or have some defects or fake hehehe just not that particular when it comes to netshopping that's why im asking for some advice from the ones who already tried many times.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from them, they are a straight up company.

Newegg/Zipzoomfly/Mwave and TigerDirect are all legit companies.

bcoffee20

if you look a few threads down, there is one called where do you buy your parts. or something similar and newegg is the best place overall to buy your parts online imo.