Hide

gurra92

I wonder if there's any way to start an application without the entry in the toolbar (or what it's called??). I mean the colored (originally blue) string at the bottom of the screen, beside the "Start-button". I don't want the application showed there. It would be great if I could use a batch-file to start the application, with no entry...

PC eye

banned
It will depend on the type of application there. On most programs you often see the option for starting up along with Windows at bootup time. For others that start by clicking on a programs menu link or desktop shortcut you would need a specific entry added to the system registry pointing to the program's main executable file.

You can also drag links from the menu onto the desktop for starting them there. But you would need to reinstall the app usually to see it replaced in the programs menu. The small icon seen at the bottom of the screen to the far right away from the Start button is in the "system tray" there. You can hide any or all seen there by right clicking on the explorer bar itself and choosing the properties link and then customize button to have them shown all the time, hide when inactive, and the "always hide" options.

red onion

If I am correct, you are thinking of the "Quick Launch Tool Bar". To remove an item from there, just click and drag the icon into the trash.
The program will still be accessible from the All-Programs menu.

PC eye

banned
When first installing many softwares the options for express or advanced or custom allow for unchecking the quick launch and desktop shortcut items. You simply have to open the programs menu every time for running them then. If you want to hide one or more items there you simply right click on the bar there and uncheck the show quick launch bar option. You don't have to delete anything. You will find that in the properties screen.

PC eye

banned
What was seen in the image there was IE minimized to the task bar. That is seen with every program as a standard to let you know that some program or windows is still running or opened up. When you right there on the task bar you can immediately close out the item. But I think you will need someone great with visual basic to draw up a C+++ script to see this "disappear". But then there was once upon a time a software called "Trayer" that took all programs and windows open even if not minimized and sent them to the system tray to clear off the task bar. http://www.kfsoft.com/software.htm