Hilarious Specs!!!

stalex111

Imagine the heat it would make back then!!!!!!!
I dunno who said this but apparently someone working at compaq said that no CPU's would go over 730mhz cuz it would take too much power, LMAO!!

Xycron

banned
stalex111 said:
I dunno who said this but apparently someone working at compaq said that no CPU's would go over 730mhz cuz it would take too much power, LMAO!!
Heat? Think of the sizde it would have been. Prabaaly a square foot or so.

Super_Nova

My first computer was a 16Mhz 386SX. It came with 1 meg of RAM and a 40MB hard drive.
I eventually upgraded it to 4 megs or ram, which was its limit and a 425 MB hard drive. I even had a 1x CD-ROM and Soundcard added. It ran DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1.
It's in the attic in a box. It still works but I have little use for it. It's a relic from the old days :) Someday when I'm bored I'm going to try to put windows 95 on it.

stalex111

Xycron said:
Heat? Think of the sizde it would have been. Prabaaly a square foot or so.
LMAO!!!
Super_Nova said:
My first computer was a 16Mhz 386SX. It came with 1 meg of RAM and a 40MB hard drive.
I eventually upgraded it to 4 megs or ram, which was its limit and a 425 MB hard drive. I even had a 1x CD-ROM and Soundcard added. It ran DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1.
It's in the attic in a box. It still works but I have little use for it. It's a relic from the old days :) Someday when I'm bored I'm going to try to put windows 95 on it.
Wow...thats scary. Zombie computer in the attic. Maybe you should do an experiment a bit more hardcore than putting windows 95...how about something like this (some of you may remember this):
http://www.g-news.ch/articles/nhp200nc/

Geoff

VIP Member
stalex111 said:

This is what PC Magazine said in 2003:
In 2003, the Itanium II debuting at 1GHz, used up to 130W (with 220 million transistors). By 2006, processors could be in the 6GHz range