hissing then blue screen

dark666apoc

k so when ever i run a stress test that fails i hear a hissig noise form my computer i do not know how to isolate the noise but

has anyone else heard of this or had it hapen what is it and hwo can i prevent it

dark666apoc

it still hisses with my fans turned all the way down :/ i thought mayeb it was lack of grease onthe sleeve bearings but regreased and still hisses it sounds liek a hdd whirring but i havent noticed my hdd even being active when it crashed i have hdd monitor on my sidebar

just a noob

a power supply is about the only thing i could really think of that could do that, i mean it could be a coil humming on your motherboard/gpu somewhere, but that shouldn't cause a bsod

dark666apoc

hmm...well its jsut annoying right now i had to back down to 3.1 ghz from 3.2 again and all i heard was the hissing then bluescreen >,<

BeastlyTech

Are you sure this isn't just a fan that is being put under too much stress?
Or atleast is heard more if it is already bent?

dark666apoc

if that were the case id always hear it ive got an antec 300 case with 4 120 fans moving 80 cfm per fan one top mounted one side moined for sucking air into the ase 1 on the back for exhaust and the cpu fan

though they are covered in glow paint this is not the proboem because i only hear the hissing when it is bout t crash

effinMaster

a couple questions is their a way you can replicate it like a certain thing you do that makes it happen?
Does windows boot up?
If you go into your bios is everything displayed correctly?
If you can get into device manager does it have everything displayed correctly?
Did download or install anything before this happened?

dark666apoc

yes i can boot everythign operates fine

waht ive foudn is its the caps next to the cpu

i havea n ecs gf8200a

was thinking about getting a gigabyte ma 770 is the power setup more stable on that motherboard?