home network

jzombek6

hello everyone
desktop has vista,laptop has vista. network map shows desktop and laptop. while on desktop i can get files from laptop, while on laptop, i cannot get files from desktop. all setting sre the same from what i can see. i am missing something,but cannot figure out .

can you help

thanks
jzombek6

larbec7

I have a similar issue:

I have a new Kodak printer and a new laptop but I cannot connect to the printer. When I search for it...it appears in my network but when I try to add it it says that it will not to printer. I reloaded the software and it just sits there and searches for
the printer. My wife has the same new laptop as I and hers will print so I know
it is not the printer

Can anyone suggest anything. I tried to change the printer sharing under discovery and it is grayed in so I cannot change it

This is what the error says: as I mentioned earlier, my wifes laptop works fine Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) make sure that you have typed the name correctly and the printer is connected to the network.

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited:

DeskAssist

hello everyone
desktop has vista,laptop has vista. network map shows desktop and laptop. while on desktop i can get files from laptop, while on laptop, i cannot get files from desktop. all setting sre the same from what i can see. i am missing something,but cannot figure out .

can you help

thanks
jzombek6

Any firewall software on the desktop system? or AV with personal firewall?

If there is you may need to add the IP of the Laptop into it so the desktop allows you access?

Can you ping the desktop system from the laptop from the command prompt?

Cheer Steve

larbec7

My wireless router works fine, i can get on the internet. The only firewall I have is the one that came with computer

The printer share is grayed out...i need for it to not be gray