Hostel's network

Millsie

Hey forum.

So I have a slight problem it would be great if you could help.

The problem is that I'm a big hard drive guy and I like sharing my stuff up to the community. Currently I've got about 3TB which I actively share up on the network, no problem there. The only problem is that the people that go into my computer treat it like shit, they mount ISO's off my drives and watch movies off my drives too. Taxing my resources and pillaging my computer.(Why the hell they just can't copy them I don't know)

Now, I'm not usually this anal when it comes to these things but recently it's been slowing down my computer a hell of a lot.(Plus the inconsiderate pricks annoy me too)

So I'm curious if windows 7 has some new features that allow me to have a "chat" with the people who are copying off me or at least block them from my computer.(The really bad ones)

If you've managed to read all the way down to here thank you =] Any help would be appreciated

Millsie

I COULD but I really don't want to do that.

Actually yeah, I just checked my connection manager.

One guys been connected to my computer on idle for 9 hours now
Second guy has been connected for 6 hours with a few things mounted up.

Clowns.

Hah, This topics now void I guess. Thanks for your help!

I guess the minority ruin it for the majority.

Kind of unfortunate.

bmtt

Millsie, I don't believe there is a way to block individuals with any new feature from Windows 7, so the only way would be to stop sharing it completely.