Hot temps....

Casie

I am running core temp right now and my computer seems to be staying at 57c. I'm just wondering if anyone has any cheap suggestions. Money situation is tight.

tlarkin

VIP Member
cheapest would probably be an after market heat sink/fan. Are you running the factory heat sink on it?

You can try to manually up your fan speeds to make them blow more air through your system, that also makes it a bit louder though.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Cheapest would be to re-apply some thermal paste and re-seat the cooler, also, clean your case out and add some more fans?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I am running core temp right now and my computer seems to be staying at 57c. I'm just wondering if anyone has any cheap suggestions. Money situation is tight.

You are using the program called Core Temp not reading the core temperature from some program like easytune or something right? I know that sounds weird but the distinction is important. Core Temp reads the digital diode that's in the the middle of each execution core whereas other programs read the motherboards CPU sensor and call that the core temperature.

If you are using Core Temp I wouldn't be too worried about 57°C even if it is the idle temperature. Also, you live in Florida yes? About how hot is it in the room where your computer is?

Bartmasta

banned
The main reason is probably bad airflow in your case, I suggest getting some airfans, they are really cheap like 2 dollars each, get a few intake and a exhaust. If you don't want that you can try taking your side panel, that's what I'm doing until I get my case fans working, temps are 10 'C lower than with the case fan.

You can also try getting the Arctic freezer pro 64. I have it and it's good + cheap.