housekeeping on the computer question?

tremmor

someone mentioned when cleaning say with ccleaner and defragging i should do it all for all profiles. never heard this before. i have 4 profiles being used.
any thoughts? or is it b.s.

i just log in with my admin rights about every 3 weeks and clean up then let it go. never did it any other way.
thanks

David_UK

I'd have thought that a defrag with admin rights would do the whole disc.
CCleaner might be more limited though - you can easily find out by running it under admin, then again under a user logon and see if you get new stuff.
It's a good question though - when running some antispyware tools I've found different results for different logons - even when they are all admin.

tremmor

im sure someone will know. if thats the case there must be a way to clean all from one profile i would think. now im curious to what the replies will be.
lets see.

SN1PER

Apologies for the unrelated post

Wasn't sure how you'd find my post otherwise....you know the issue and I'm unsure of my specs other than it's AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w WinXP Home, 2GB DDR2....it's MSI Multimedia or MCS PC.

tremmor

Sn1per
should put it under operating system. it likely will not carry on here.
then when ya come back click new post.
cheers.

TFT

VIP Member
I would say that logging in as Admin allows you to run a Defrag program and as such gives you and the program access to all files and folders.

So yes, it is b.s :D