How can i copy a DVD without 2 dvd drives?`

Comp_Newb

I need to copy a home movie that is burned to a DVD. How can i copy it without having 2 DVD drives?
Edit: I have Nero, is it possible to do it with that?

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Many programs out there, such as Nero or Alcohol 120, allows you to make an image of the DVD, and then burn it onto another DVD. This way, you can pop the original disc out after you make the image, and put in your empty disc.

Chris_G

banned
Comp Newb, if you're trying to copy a DVD original movie, you can just say so. No one on here is going to judge you, because plenty of us have copied movies. I sure have. But I make copies for my own personal use, and not for distribution or sale.

bomberboysk

Comp Newb, if you're trying to copy a DVD original movie, you can just say so. No one on here is going to judge you, because plenty of us have copied movies. I sure have. But I make copies for my own personal use, and not for distribution or sale.

...What?

Kesava

Might I recommend a program called Iso Recorder V3. Thats what I use as it is a very light and simple program that adds the option to "create image from cd" to the right click menu when you right click on a cd/dvd. Its a very easy and simple way to create an iso of that disk and then you can burn it to another dvd very easily. I have used many programs that do the same thing however this is just a very simple one and is my favourite for the purpose.