How Do I Customize/Replace Printer Drivers So I Can Scan And Print Whatever I Want?

mustardgas

Hello everyone,

The title says it all. I own a brand new Canon MP560, and I would like to remove any and all restrictions it places on what I can scan and what I can print. How do I do this?

Thanks.

-mgas

Nanobyte

I'm not sure if this is a trick question or I've been living under a rock for the past few years. I've never heard of a printer or scanner that censors or limits what you do. Are you talking about content or the technical type of printing/scanning it can do?

mustardgas

I'm not sure if this is a trick question or I've been living under a rock for the past few years. I've never heard of a printer or scanner that censors or limits what you do. Are you talking about content or the technical type of printing/scanning it can do?

I guess I'm talking content. Although I suppose this could also be categorized as a technical issue.

Am I wrong in thinking that there are certain images which today's printers/scanners are designed not to scan/print?

Nanobyte

I vaguely remember seeing something about that but I don't have any information. The intention of the author is not to have it duplicated so I suppose it would come under DRM which is not permitted to be discussed in the forum.

There is copy protection available where web images can only be decrypted with proprietary viewers but that's no different to any encrypted file. Presumably you were referring to images that are visible to all.

TFT

VIP Member
Many printers/scanners detect the pattern on banknotes and refuse to copy them so your "get rich quick" scheme won't work.