How do I fix this printer??????

b182tm

Hey guys. I just got a printer for my computer, and it came from my parents old computer. It's an older one, and its an HP Deskjet 882C. So my mom said that on their old computer, it was working, but beginning to fade. I changed out the ink, and I brought it up to my computer. I plugged it in, installed the drivers, and printed something. It all comes out pink. Like lightish pink. So does anyone know why it would do this? I tried two different colored ink cartridges, and it does the same thing. It doesnt work to clean the cartridges, or prime them, it still does the same thing. Anyone have any idea of how to fix it?

Thanks a lot,
Derek

b182tm

Yeah, once. I changed the black from when I brought it up to my computer, and i changed the color when I brought it up and then once more.

Derek

apj101

VIP Member
looked on line for lastest drivers. Maybe a firmware update (always worth a look). Tried printing from different apps?

Trizoy

VIP Member
take a wet cloth and wipe the heads of the cartridges.. also use the printer app to clean the heads.. should be under printer tools.

b182tm

Hey guys, sorry I havent replied in a while, I havent gotten the chance. So I dont think its the heads of the cartridges, because I've tried several different ink cartridges. I looked for drivers, with no luck. I've also tried doing a cleaning of the heads, both manually and with the printer options, and it didnt work either.

Thanks,
Derek