how do I tell if a HD is compatible?

racer13fly

Subject line pretty much explains it. How do I tell if a certain hard drive is compatible? Like how do I figure certain things out, like what plugs my motherboard (or whatever the hard drives connect to, I'm still learning about hardware, lol) has that's needed for the HD? And is there anything else that's needed to know to tell if it's compatible? Or, to say it simpler, how can I tell if my computer supports that hard drive. And by the way, this is for internal HDs.
Thanks!

lol, sorry, it probably didn't come out very clear.

patrickv

Subject line pretty much explains it. How do I tell if a certain hard drive is compatible? Like how do I figure certain things out, like what plugs my motherboard (or whatever the hard drives connect to, I'm still learning about hardware, lol) has that's needed for the HD? And is there anything else that's needed to know to tell if it's compatible? Or, to say it simpler, how can I tell if my computer supports that hard drive. And by the way, this is for internal HDs.
Thanks!

lol, sorry, it probably didn't come out very clear.

Today's motherboards support all major hard drives. Sata is the new technology but IDE is also around. However there are boards that does not have IDE.
All you should do is check the motherboard spec on google