How many games do you have?

How many games do you have in each category?

• I have 1 - 25 Steam library games

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have 26 - 50 Steam library games

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I have 51 - 75 Steam library games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have 76 - 100 Steam library games

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have 100+ Steam library games

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I have 1 - 25 PC games

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I have 26 - 50 PC games

• I have 51 - 75 PC games

• I have 76 - 100 PC games

• I have 100+ PC games

• I have 1 - 25 console games

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I have 26 - 50 console games

• I have 51 - 75 console games

• I have 76 - 100 console games

• I have 100+ console games

• other

• Total voters

Troncoso

VIP Member
Just out of curiosity, are all your poll-like threads for some sort of statistical analysis? You haven't always done this.

Anyway, my Steam library shows I have 79 games purchased. That doesn't include console games, or PC games that I've bought hard copy, or from other services like Amazon.

tech explorer

If this thread were for polling purposes, it would have been set up with a poll. This thread is for discussion purposes and to note, it's running very well at a different computer forum website.

tech explorer

I wasn't trying to be offensive. Just wondering if there was some kind of research you were doing.

I knew you weren't being offensive and none taken. I just talk that way to explain for all the readers. I'm just trying to get a good conversation going over here.

To also make it clear, if I were doing research, I would announce it. Here's a good question for you. Do you know how to get a good conversation going without having a flame war?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I knew you weren't being offensive and none taken. I just talk that way to explain for all the readers. I'm just trying to get a good conversation going over here.

To also make it clear, if I were doing research, I would announce it. Here's a good question for you. Do you know how to get a good conversation going without having a flame war?

I for one, do not.

The trouble with this kind of question on a forum like this is your numbers will be in the 100s from basically everyone.

Punk

Staff member
In before the close!

I own about ten hard copies of game for PC and Steam says I have 83 games (including expansions and double games when Steam make a new version of already bought games...).

tech explorer

It appears that Steam is important since two people posted about their Steam libraries plus there's a thread already on Steam. Before I set up the poll asking about how big are people's Steam libraries, can you think of other categories of games people may own?

Okay, I'm setting the poll this way which I think is most relevant to this thread

First I'll have four categories which will be Steam library games, PC games, console games and other. Then I'm breaking down the subcategories into ranges which will be 1-25 games, 26-50 games, 51-75 games, 76-100 games and 100+ games that the member may have in each category.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
He means the answers may be long and the thread will have a huge count. This is why we have polls.

I think he meant that the number he will get (the average games we own) will be far more than the average of everybody outside of a computer forum.

Aastii

VIP Member
You have a flawed poll.

If somebody has 100 Steam games, they also have 100 PC games, it is just that they have the game via digital distribution rather than a physical copy.

Plus why would have have an "other" category? The only "other" option is no games, but then why would you come to the games section of the forum because clearly games do not interest you then.

The numerous issues with the thread structure aside, I have over 200 games on Steam when you include DLC and extras. For just games that show in the library, 186. I then have a wall of PC games behind my computer, I have a stack of my PS3 games next to my PS3, another lot downstairs for my Xbox and all of my PS1/PS2 games in a cupboard, so all together, add on another 100 or so console games

Okedokey

You have a flawed poll.

If somebody has 100 Steam games, they also have 100 PC games, it is just that they have the game via digital distribution rather than a physical copy.

Plus why would have have an "other" category? The only "other" option is no games, but then why would you come to the games section of the forum because clearly games do not interest you then.

The numerous issues with the thread structure aside, I have over 200 games on Steam when you include DLC and extras. For just games that show in the library, 186. I then have a wall of PC games behind my computer, I have a stack of my PS3 games next to my PS3, another lot downstairs for my Xbox and all of my PS1/PS2 games in a cupboard, so all together, add on another 100 or so console games

So there!

I always said poll threads are dangerous... :)

Deviousmind

Welli dont know how this would fit into your poll,
I have,
75 pc games including steam,
31 games with xbox,
57 games with the gameboy advance,
28 games on the 32x,
200+ on the N64,
200+ on the snes,
192 on the nes,
376 on the mega drive,
43 on the mega cd,
167 on the master system

spirit

Staff member
When you say 'PC games', you mean hard copies, right? Like what you'd go to a shop and purchase? Because if not, then Aastii is right, your poll is flawed.

tech explorer

You have a flawed poll.

Aaaaaarrrrrgggh (spirit, you're right)