How Much RAM Can My Computer Handle?

fmk78

i would like to put in more RAM, but have no idea how to know how much it can handle? it's a brand new computer, and i have 4 RAM bays, so i'm thinking at least a gig. is there anyway to know for sure? thanks..

fmk78

thanks alot. that's a really cool tool! it only took a second also. looks like i'm good for 4 GB! i was hoping it would hand 1GB! duh over 8 bills for 4 gigs though! i think 1 or 2 should suffice for now. :) thanks again..

Last edited:

skidude

Right now you wont need 4 GB of RAM, 1 gb is enough for todays applications, but in the future it would never hurt to have a mobo which can have 4 GB!! :D

Xycron

banned
skidude said:
Right now you wont need 4 GB of RAM, 1 gb is enough for todays applications, but in the future it would never hurt to have a mobo which can have 4 GB!! :D
He didn't say he was getting that much did he? heh, just says it can handle, and most newer bords can handle 4 GB now a days, even older ones, I would suggest 1-2G's depening on what your doing, as Skidude did say, it would be pointless to get 4GB's.

computerhakk

VIP Member
your welcome. np.

well, yea, dont plan on getting 2gb unless u do extensive video/imaging editing and play games heavily... 1gb should give u sufficient speed... unless money isn't an option to you.. hehe. 2gb would be nice if you are planning to upgrade to vista sometime along the road.. but as of now, 1gb is good.

fmk78

yeah gaming's pretty much all i'm up to, but these newer games are incredible! i'll start off with a gig probably, see if i get any lag, and go from there. by the way, what's vista?