wireless internet adapter
microsoft 1000 wireless keyboard/mouse
2 stereo type speakers
19 in samsung lcd screen
micro atx high gloss computer case

any ideas would be very appreciated

SeN

agreed

nomore than $350... but in my honest opinion, if you're planning to use it for gaming, you're better off saving ~$200+ more for something actually worth buying.

kdfresh09

really? i was thinking i should offer him like $350-4. i looked on newegg and for everything that it comes with, it would cost around $550. but you think 3 is a respectable offer?

Dystopia

Gotta remember that he will try to haggle you up some. So start low, at $300. I didn't even see the monitor @ first. Don't go above $450.

SeN

really? i was thinking i should offer him like $350-4. i looked on newegg and for everything that it comes with, it would cost around $550. but you think 3 is a respectable offer?

the thing is that... the hardware may be worth maybe around $350~400 retail, but is it worth to pay $400 for a crappy comp is the question.

so to put it short, you're getting a good deal for a crappy comp lol

bomberboysk

1) Hardware loses value as soon as it is purchased

2) You have no warranty on many of the components purchasing second hand

3) The memory, psu, hdd have no listed specs and could be pretty cheap ones.

kdfresh09

well i asked him what brands are in the computer, and he named off western digital blue? lg dvd burner, kingston ram, antec 430 watt power supply. it does come with a 90 day warranty on parts and lobor, and he said it would descent for low to mid gaming. i tried modern warfare 2 on it in his shop and i checked at the settings, and there all maxed out, getting about 40 fps average. i wont be doing a whole lot of gaming and if i do, im content with medium settings. he also told me that he has a list of 25 games and i can pick 3 for free. and he said that he would like to get $400, but will nagotiate a bit. so based on this new info, what are the thoughts. whats it truly worth for someone that cant order on line, and has to either buy manufacture (dell-HP ect), or from a local shop.

philaaay

Does it also include the OS disk? Echoing what everyone else said, I'd pay around $350, no more. The computer sounds fairly older and yes, bomberboysk said it best: hardware loses value quickly over time and even if there is a 90-day warranty, that's a small fraction of how long you intend to use the computer.

Just out of curiosity, how are you (assuming you're the buyer) able to use Computer Forum, but not order online? :p

kdfresh09

i cant order online cause i dont have a credit or debit or any thing like pay pal so...and yes the computer would cost 550 on line so i think ill offer him 350 - 375 ish. and yes it comes with os disc