how to change my ip address

dellxps420

banned
anyone know how to do this is it possible that i can change my id address its needed to be done.

long process or short?

thanks in advance, speak soon hope i read some positive advice.

regards dellxps420.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Were you banned from a website? It depends on your internet service if your ip address can be changed. We can't change your Ip, your provider will have to do that if its possible.

Nanobyte

Unless you ask your ISP for a static address, which usually costs money, you get whatever IP address your ISP gives you. It may be the same each time you connect, it may not. They give you any address within their allocation.

tremmor

can't think of to many reasons for changing the addy on the internet.
Only to access another country like Iraq or Iran and read or watch tv.
just curious.

sorry.....don't know if thats an illegal conversation.
i talk to a person in Indonesia and vietnam.

Last edited:

dellxps420

banned
Were you banned from a website? It depends on your internet service if your ip address can be changed. We can't change your Ip, your provider will have to do that if its possible.

i was accidently banned off a forum and know i cant get back on it the guy banned me thinking i was someone else as i had the some ip address as the other person :( his told me i can come back on but its not letting me :(

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You would need to contact the admin of the forum and have them sort your issue out if you were unbanned supposedly.

tremmor

might try deleting the cookies associated with the site your talking about. then try to log in.

Ankur

Not sure if it is allowed to post this in this forum, but you can hide your ip from the forum you want to get back.
This website just put the url of the forum in there.

Charr

Well, I don't know if my ISP is one of few who do this but...

If I turn my computer off, unplug my router + modem, than restart everything I get a new IP address (Sometimes). I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure if it will help get unbanned (Though it did work for me on a game I played years ago).

Also sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've gone months with the same IP, than suddenly it changes - which can be really annoying when using programs like VNC.

Nanobyte

.......If I turn my computer off, unplug my router + modem, than restart everything I get a new IP address (Sometimes)
As I wrote earlier in this thread, most people obtain their IP address automatically from their ISP. It's easier for the ISP to have a smaller number of IP addresses available than subscribers and dish them out to whoever is online. You may get the previous IP address, maybe not. The IP address falls within a certain range so the other end can still tell which ISP you are using.

dellxps420

banned
quick update hidemyass has done the trick for me on back on the forum thanks alot mate guess i dont need to change my ip address.