how to get classical windows login menu?

hongtao

I always prefer the classical style of any win os, i tried to make a classical style of my xp media center and a few features cannot be figure out, can anyone help me? thanks!!:D

the login menu only allows me to choose from the available users, but the classical style allows me to key in the user name which make it easier to access administrator account. how can i get this feature?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Start < Control Panel < User Accounts. Under Pick a Task, choose "Change the way users log on and off", then untick Use the Welcome screen. This will enable the classic login prompt. :)

Ambushed

the login menu only allows me to choose from the available users, but the classical style allows me to key in the user name which make it easier to access administrator account. how can i get this feature?

You know you can do that with the XP login, all you need to do when your at the login screen is press CTRL ALT + DEL and wait for it to come up

stew2007

you and me both my friend. i dont like the bubblegum colours and look of billys choice. and also opt to dissable auto update, remote help .... yeaks open to hackers.

start\settings\taskbar & startmenu, then select the start menu tab and check the 'clasic'

also if you mave xp pro, there are a few juicy things to be found in gpedit (start, run, and type in gpedit.msc)

also, if you like to try and del some things billy rather you didnt....

go to windows\inf\sysoc.inf and deleat the word HIDE when you see it, but NOT the ,, each side of the HIDE

then when you go to add remove those pesky things will be there.

Last edited: