How to keep pc signal to tv screen going?

I set things up so I can see my computer on my tv. Problem seems to be if I haven't moved the mouse or hit a key in a while it loses signal and I need to wake it back up. How do I prevent it from losing signal?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Change this setting to never or to a longer time than what you have currently set.

monitor sleep.jpg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why wouldn't it? The computer turns off the signal through the cable so it doesn't matter whats connected on the other end. If the signal has been shut off nothing gets signal until you wake it up.

Why wouldn't it? The computer turns off the signal through the cable so it doesn't matter whats connected on the other end. If the signal has been shut off nothing gets signal until you wake it up.
I just figure monitors are designed to refresh in ways that tvs aren't. In the sense that a computer screen may visually remain the same longer.

beers

Staff member
HDMI is HDMI my guy, the computer doesn't really care what arbitrary classification you gave the display.

Refresh rate is an independent variable from the OS putting the display in standby.