How to make .img file of my episodes?

mg04mho

If I want to burn 23x 200mb episodes on to a 4.7gb DVD disc, how can this be done for me to be able to watch this DVD on a DVD-player?

I would also like to burn 6x 700mb movies on to a DVD disc and play in DVD-player as well.

Is there a software / freeware I can find for this? That can create .img or .iso files for me to be able to complete this task.

Would really appreciate it! :)

PC Hobbyist

If they are regular .avi files (with divx or xvid encoding) or any of the common video files, then you should be able to simply burn the files directly to the DVD (as a regular DVD data disc).
Most DVD players today will play .avi (divx, xvid etc.) files it finds on a disc. You can even sort them in folders if you want, and the DVD player should simply show you the folder structure that you can navigate through.

One tip though.... make sure the video files have a short name. For example "csi-701" instead of "crime_scene_investigators_season7_episode1" because the DVD player might only show you the first few characters of the name, and then you won't see how to quickly go to episode 12 if you wanted to. You might only see "crime_scen..." for all the files.