How to set dvd/cd speed

How could I set the speed of my dvd drive to the lowest speed?

Is there any software that allow to rip audio cd at a very low speed.

I have an audio cd that I can't read with my computer ; the dvd drive make a lot of noises and the music is stop constantly. I'm can use it without any problem with my portable cd player. So I thought the problem is my dvd drive speed being too high.

Thanks for any suggestion

Flaring Afro

Drive speed wouldn't have to do with any of that. If anything, the faster a drive the better. Does it have problems with other cds? Sounds like the drive is going and you will have to get another, but they are cheap on newegg.

"the faster a drive the better" : I know that. Mine is pretty fast. But sometime, I would need to keep it under 15x.

Is there any software that allow to do that? If not, is there any tweak that I could do? I have windows 7.

Nero have a software for that but it's not compatible to windows 7.

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is not the speed of the drive, its the drive itself most likely if its making lots of noise. Replace the drive.

forumy

Hi, maybe you can try removing the dvd drive from device manager and rebooting to see if you computer can detect it as a new device and reinstall it and then see whether it works.

mytech

banned
Hi Friend,
Using set-cd-rom-speed, you can reduce the drive's speed and thus reduce the annoying noise. The GUI allows choosing three predefined speeds suitable for different tasks and custom speeds provided by the user. The list of available CD-ROM drives is generated based on information from /etc/fstab.

Thanks,
James