How to Uninstall Windows 7 and Clean Install Vista?

leopardforest

When I built my computer I had gotten all the parts except my Vista OS so I wanted to use it (of course) so I installed Windows 7 and liked it.....but now I am not a huge fan as I am having problems with it where programs dont like to start, the sidebar crashes, and a few compatibility issues. Dont get me wrong I really like the OS but I would like something a little more stable until October rolls around.

So I want to uninstall Windows 7 and install Vista, but I am having problems.

I put in the DVD and say install and I get an error about not having enough room on the HD, which is not true.

So then I tried to boot off the DVD but when I change the BIOS to do so it works, but when the computer prompts me to press any key, my keyboard wont work. I have tried three keyboard and they all do the same thing.

So I am not sure how to do this? Any help will be great. Sorry for the long post.

leopardforest

Do you have an old PS/2 style keyboard?

At first no, but I went and borrowed one, and that didnt work either, and the keyboard works in the BIOS (well all the keyboards do).

I did turn on the legacy options in the BIOS for USB but that didnt work either.