I hate my LUCK! (Video Card)

pies

When you turn the pc on there should be an option to press a key to enter bios (try delet)

Cleric7x9

this is definitely a BIOS problem. the computer is not even recognizing the card, so its not letting you install drivers. when you boot up the computer, before windows comes up, it should say to press something (typically F2, F10, F12, or DEL) to enter the BIOS. when you are in there, search through the menus and see if there is a way to enable or disable the PCIe slot, or to change the primary graphics adapter to PCIe or PCI. you just have to search and use some common sense to figure it out. once you figure out how to get the motherboard to turn on and use the new video card in the BIOS, save the settings in the BIOS, and restart the computer. you should now be able to plug the monitor cable into the new vid card rather than the old port, and you should be able to see windows loading. when windows boots up, install the ATI drivers, and you will be good to go.

if none of this works, you may have a broken motherboard or a broken video card, but that is highly unlikely.

striker

this is definitely a BIOS problem. the computer is not even recognizing the card, so its not letting you install drivers. when you boot up the computer, before windows comes up, it should say to press something (typically F2, F10, F12, or DEL) to enter the BIOS. when you are in there, search through the menus and see if there is a way to enable or disable the PCIe slot, or to change the primary graphics adapter to PCIe or PCI. you just have to search and use some common sense to figure it out. once you figure out how to get the motherboard to turn on and use the new video card in the BIOS, save the settings in the BIOS, and restart the computer. you should now be able to plug the monitor cable into the new vid card rather than the old port, and you should be able to see windows loading. when windows boots up, install the ATI drivers, and you will be good to go.

if none of this works, you may have a broken motherboard or a broken video card, but that is highly unlikely.

I'l try that now.

striker

I changed to PCI-E as the primary, but still a blank screen, and the driver still won't install.

pies

You might have gotten a bad card then can you try it in any of your friends computers?

striker

It's late so I just want to thank you both for taking the time and trying to help me out. I learned alot. Thanks

If anybody knows how I can install my Intell(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver back into my computer. please tell me how.