I have a question

Monster92

i have vista and my ISP is virgin media. is it possible to run my desktop computer which is mac and mac notebook from, the same wireless connection

kobaj

VIP Member
Yes its possible, I wouldnt have a clue how to do it on mac, but I assume your going to need a router and some network cable/cards. Ill let someone answer for this part.

The real reason I am replying, your signature....what? You do realize macs have ram too...and that windows doesnt make ram bad. (Yes it can be more inefficient at ram usage, but we arnt talking about that).

Monster92

Yes its possible, I wouldnt have a clue how to do it on mac, but I assume your going to need a router and some network cable/cards. Ill let someone answer for this part.

The real reason I am replying, your signature....what? You do realize macs have ram too...and that windows doesnt make ram bad. (Yes it can be more inefficient at ram usage, but we arnt talking about that).

ok ok i meant PC have bad rams

PC max (i have ever seen is 4GB but there could be more
Mac max and 16 GB ( i might of got that wrong but near that area

pl reply i might be wrong

kobaj

VIP Member
are we talking about the max amount of ram a pc can have?

isnt it 128 gb? haha

For vista 64 bit, yes, the max is 128...theoretically. There arnt any motherboards that support that.

But this is WAY off topic, and we need to get back to the main question. Dude needs help setting up macs on his network.

Monster92

For vista 64 bit, yes, the max is 128...theoretically. There arnt any motherboards that support that.

But this is WAY off topic, and we need to get back to the main question. Dude needs help setting up macs on his network.

so any way do it is possible