I hit a wall

stephensmia

well guys I have an E6400 running at 2.72 on an asus p5b and I cant go any higher. if I try to go higher my screen wont turn on. the computer boots but i get nothing on the screen

Grimulus

Excuse me? It is the best motherboard for overclocking (ie, it has reached 525FSB stable, where the DS3 has barely broken 500FSB). :)

It's just been my experience from reading that the regular P5B doesn't clock as well as the DLX. There are exceptions to every rule though right? :)

Oh yeah, update your bios man, you've done that right?

stephensmia

ok even if i increase my voltage i cant go past 344 as my cpu frequency or for some reason my monitor wont turn on. can someone help me out here.
Proc- E6400
board- Asus p5b
ram- g.skill ddr2 667
and i have updated my bios

Jet

VIP Member
So, in other words, it won't boot up? You are going to have to reset the BIOS.

cmos360.jpg

Take it off (noting which prongs it was on), and then boot the computer (it won't go into windows), and let it sit for a minute. Then, turn off the computer and put the jumper on again, and boot up :).

Last edited:

stephensmia

well it seems like everything turns on except the monitor and if I shut it down then turn it back on it works and I have to reset things back to 344. what should I do

Grimulus

My P5B has a feature that will let you reset your settings without having to do all the mess with the jumpers and/or battery.

Turn off your machine and unplug it, let it set for a while, then reboot. It should tell you "Overclocking Failed" and it will let you enter bios.