i need a way to stop my kids goin online

Fintin

how do i slow my internet down?
i need a way to take up the whole connection so it can effectively cut my kids internet off the computer at night...without them knowing
so a sort of to stop them lagging up my internet connection or revenge?
im using wireless and my kids computer is plugged into the transmitter part....
somethin i can cut them off with?
help thx

H-Bomb

You could be really nasty and download a massive file from limewire but deliberatley choose the one with the least hosts so that it takes ten times longer. You'd suck up a lot of the bandwidth but i don't know whether that would completely stop their surfing. It would probably make it slow as hell though!

tomb08uk

Fintin said:
how do i slow my internet down?
i need a way to take up the whole connection so it can effectively cut my kids internet off the computer at night...without them knowing
so a sort of to stop them lagging up my internet connection or revenge?
im using wireless and my kids computer is plugged into the transmitter part....
somethin i can cut them off with?
help thx
Their is this program where that you set up individual accounts, of which your children sign into, and which is cuts their internet off by a certain time. As the duration and times can be set. And to access the internet they muist sign in via the application. I think its called net nanny or something along those lines. Check it out.

lee101

VIP Member
can't you configure your router to block internet access to certain groups of computers at specific times, i think i can do that somewhere in my configuration, and make sure they don't knwo the password, or jusr unplug the router and sleep on it ;)

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
lee101 said:
can't you configure your router to block internet access to certain groups of computers at specific times, i think i can do that somewhere in my configuration, and make sure they don't knwo the password, or jusr unplug the router and sleep on it ;)
that sounds more effective
just tell us what kind of router do you have.

WeatherMan

Wouldn't it be easier just to unplug the ethernet cables running between the kids computer when you don't want them using it, an djust keep your's connected:confused:

Motoxrdude

Dont unplug it, they can just go and plug it back in. I am not sure how to do this, but i know there are programs that do it.

computerhakk

VIP Member
There are so many programs you can use for this. Just do a google search for something like "restrict internet acess to time" or something similar.

There's iNET Protector, ENUFF, CCProxy limit, KidsWatch time control, Browse Control.. etc.. just take a look around because since I don't use any of them.. I can't recommend any of them to you. Just whatever fits your taste.

Geoff

VIP Member
Try Child Control, we have it on our family computer and it works wonders. It can be set to turn the internet and/or computer off at a certain time, allow the computer to be in use only a certain amount of hours in a day, week, or month, and has many other useful features.

Motoxrdude

O, i found a better way. If you have a linksys router, you are in luck. In your url bar, type your ip address, it should be 192.168.1.1
Then, the default user name is blank, and the default password is admin. Now click on the access restrictions. THeres a bunch of options in there that you can mess around with.

Lamilia

download an anti virus, an anti spyware, and a game demo at the same time that was enough to make my parents mad :p .

Lamilia

MONKEY BOY said:
lol ahahaha or down load a season of LOST
wouldn't that be illegal or do you mean pay for it? Lost is boring I watched it once. Its like 1 surprise that you wait a whole hour to see, and I never saw the beggining so all I know is they are trapped on an island and there's a cave thing with a computer even I dont think is cool (and I think big computers in CS maps are cool). Anyways getting back on topic playing online games wouldnt hurt. Yeah play WoW or something and downnload something that will take a while like a game demo and although it will cause a lot of lag in the game it should steal almost all of the bandwith. Oh hey if theres a program that automatically refreshes every tab every few seconds you could just open up like 50 favorites and have them auto refresh.

Last edited: