I need slide show help please

FrankCrimson

I'm new to creating slide shows, and I'm using Open Office Impress. My presentation is about 20 pages long with about 10 bulleted points on each page. When I display a page, I want one bullet point to come up at a time. I know I could just do this by creating 200 slides, but it would be a real time saver if I could make 20 slides and get one bullet added to the screen each time (you know, as you click your mouse when you're making the presentation). I'm fairly sure this is possible to do, but the instruction guide isn't making much sense to me, can anyone kindly explain how it's done?

If my query is unclear to you then please let me know and I will try to clarify :)

djiang87

Just use PowerPoint, you can learn all the things you need in about 10 minutes of messing around.

This ^^ powerpoint is quite easy to do the required job. If its because its the program that you have on your computer at work im sure you can search on youtube for a tutorial on how to do so. You may even learn about new functions doing so

FrankCrimson

Thanks for your help everyone!

I am using Open Office 3.2

I don't want to pay for Power Point, I've heard something about them making a free version available which has fewer features. Is this available now, and does anyone know if it has the capability to do the task I'm trying to do?

Regarding youtube tutorials for my query, I'm really not sure how to find the right one because I don't know how to word the search.

Dramen

I'm pretty sure the free version is only the PowerPoint viewer, which lets you view slides made with PowerPoint but not create them.

Office 2010 is definitely the way to go to create these kind of projects because they are applications you will use all the time so it's worth the initial cost.

Dropkickmurphys

What you are trying to do is possible in OpenOffice, and OpenOffice isn't too dissimilar to MS Office.

So let me just clear this up, you want one of your slides to display, then you want to click and the first bullet point will show, then click again and the next will show etc.. etc.. ?

All you need to do is highlight the bullet points one by one and go Slide Show -> Custom Animation (from the menu). This will then appear on the right, select "add", select "appear" and it should automatically make that bullet point appear on click.