I-Phone 4 skip 4s waiting for 5

Troncoso

VIP Member
The iphone 4S has a faster processor, better screen etc. Its a big upgrade. I have been given it free from my provider. Gave it to my GF, she's happy.

It's not a big upgrade....It has a faster processor (which only brings it up to date with current android phones) and a better camera. The screen is the same.

I guess you can consider Siri an upgrade, though to me, it's really just a toy.

flanker

It's not a big upgrade....It has a faster processor (which only brings it up to date with current android phones) and a better camera. The screen is the same.

I guess you can consider Siri an upgrade, though to me, it's really just a toy.

I was wondering about this "better screen" deal every thing you posted is correct.

For some the voice control might be useful but right now I don't feel the need for it.

As for using the phone as a camera I guess it's a good deal, but my small older Canon SD1200is has a 10MP lens and holds a nice memory card. Takes great pictures and videos.

Camera phones are useful to many not implying that they are not, but I don't see myself quit using my Canon 7D and 60D or Canon 560 any time soon.:rolleyes:

DMGrier

VIP Member
I was wondering about this "better screen" deal every thing you posted is correct.

For some the voice control might be useful but right now I don't feel the need for it.

As for using the phone as a camera I guess it's a good deal, but my small older Canon SD1200is has a 10MP lens and holds a nice memory card. Takes great pictures and videos.

Camera phones are useful to many not implying that they are not, but I don't see myself quit using my Canon 7D and 60D or Canon 560 any time soon.:rolleyes:

I fully know that the Camera will always out do the Camera phone even though from what I have been reading about the new Nexus phone coming out it is going to have a impressive camera and software on it

"Single-Motion
Panoramic Camera
With Galaxy Nexus you get a high-end camera with zero shutter-lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and a simple, intuitive way to take panoramic pictures. No stitching needed. Take amazing photos or 1080p videos, edit and then share them right from your phone."

I am hoping Iphone does a nice screen upgrade on the iphone 5 cause this phone is also getting
"Vibrant high-definition display
Galaxy Nexus is the world's first phone with a 4.65" high-definition sAMOLED display making text, videos & games look crisp, vibrant and rich. With an edge-to-edge 720p screen high-definition, videos look amazing and the unique Contour Display curves nicely to the shape of your face and makes it easier to hold."

Plus according to google Android 4.0 will compete with Apple new iOS. I do not bring this up to start any apple hate, I believe competition is good and with this phone being released the iphone 5 might get some more impressive upgrades which in turn means Android will try to top it, competition is good.

Last edited:

flanker

I fully know that the Camera will always out do the Camera phone even though from what I have been reading about the new Nexus phone coming out it is going to have a impressive camera and software on it

"Single-Motion
Panoramic Camera
With Galaxy Nexus you get a high-end camera with zero shutter-lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and a simple, intuitive way to take panoramic pictures. No stitching needed. Take amazing photos or 1080p videos, edit and then share them right from your phone."

I am hoping Iphone does a nice screen upgrade on the iphone 5 cause this phone is also getting
Galaxy Nexus is the world's first phone with a 4.65" high-definition sAMOLED display making text, videos & games look crisp, vibrant and rich. With an edge-to-edge 720p screen high-definition, videos look amazing and the unique Contour Display curves nicely to the shape of your face and makes it easier to hold."

Plus according to google Android 4.0 will compete with Apple new iOS. I do not bring this up to start any apple hate, I believe competition is good and with this phone being released the iphone 5 might get some more impressive upgrades which in turn means Android will try to top it, competition is good.

The smart phones are really new to me, I wanted to stay at Sprint and since they now were using the Apple I-Phone for $99 dollars I just went with it.

When my contract again is up I will again do some phone looking, right now it's 20 Months till I can upgrade to any new phone at a reduced cost.

So I hope by them the I-Phone 5 is being reviewed by many users of the 4s.:)

speedyink

VIP Member

"Single-Motion
Panoramic Camera

Either way, a camera with a lense smaller than the size of a dime will always be trying to play catchup to a full size camera. Cell phone cameras are and will stay the "I forgot my full sized camera" option. Lack of optical zoom, manual focusing (yes, i much prefer), advanced shooting options, and quality sensors will always put them behind. I can see them catching up to compact point and shoots though, but that's not exactly exciting.

The Nexus Prime's screen on the other hand...it'll be hard for Apple to top, that's for sure. Not only are you getting a native 720p resolution that will look amazing for all your hi def videos, but with the properties of sAMOLED...I think I need a towel.

Android is better than iOS already in my opinion. 4.0 will just further the gap, bringing all the customizable goodness we've come to grow fond of and give it a fresh coat of paint and adding more animations to make the experience even more fluid. Competition is definitely good, neither Android or iOS would be as good without it. Android would probably lack multi touch gestures and iOS would probably still lack a decent notification system, true multi tasking and background images.

Okedokey

When the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 are compared head to head, the iPhone 4S goes ahead with its Siri voice-activated personal assistant, A5 processor, CMDA+GSM chip, 1080p video capability, faster download speeds, improved graphics, improved camera and an intelligent switching antenna. The iPhone 4S also has a new operating system - iOS 5, as well, but that will be available for older iPhones as well.

Geoff

VIP Member
The iphone 4S has a faster processor, better screen etc. Its a big upgrade. I have been given it free from my provider. Gave it to my GF, she's happy.
It doesn't have a better screen. It has a dual core processor, better camera, slightly different antenna design, and Siri - that's it.

In 20 months there will probably be another iphone out.
More like 12 months since Apple typically releases a new one every year.

Troncoso

VIP Member
When the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 are compared head to head, the iPhone 4S goes ahead with its Siri voice-activated personal assistant, A5 processor, CMDA+GSM chip, 1080p video capability, faster download speeds, improved graphics, improved camera and an intelligent switching antenna. The iPhone 4S also has a new operating system - iOS 5, as well, but that will be available for older iPhones as well.

You repeated things to give it more features...

A5 processor = improved graphics
1080p video capability = improved camera
faster download speeds(?)
CDMA+GSM chip is the same
aanndd sir = a toy

flanker

You repeated things to give it more features...

A5 processor = improved graphics
1080p video capability = improved camera
faster download speeds(?)
CDMA+GSM chip is the same
aanndd sir = a toy

So what does the faster processor and improved graphics give one?:rolleyes:

flanker

....what?

I go to Bank of America to look at my bank stuff, is the faster processor going to get me the Info. faster if how much faster? The graphics with my pictures look pretty good already. I don't use my phone for taking pictures but am sure the 8mp will do a good job.

I see the 4s has 16gb internal memory over the 8gb of the 4. I guess it gives one twice the storage, how fast is this Apple internal supplied memory? I would opt for a memory card slot so I could buy my own cards.

Don't think I really need or want voice control but sure some will have use for it.

So in real life not just marketing jaz, again what is so much to gain from the 4s over the older tried and from what I read working very well Apple I-Phone 4. Mine seems to work very well for my small needs.:)

But I am a pretty simple person when it comes to using my phone.;)

linkin

VIP Member
I get a free 3GS this week so I'm not entirely fussed on the features. Remember kids, free is the best price :D

flanker

[-0MEGA-];1695274 said:
I'd rather pay $99 for an iPhone 4.

That's what I thought $99 and it gave me 14days to see if it would meet my needs, down the line if the new 5 has something super I just cannot do without I will upgrade when Sprint allows it.:)