I will be designing a website...

Curt

for my local bowling alley. I have been making websites of different sorts for 10 years but most have been for different projects for myself or someone I know.

This will be the first website I get paid to do, and I quickly realized I have no idea how I plan to go about charging for it. Should I charge by page or just set an hourly wage for myself? Then of course I will be the one that updates it every month.

Any help is appreciated.

Luke.

You're probably best just creating the website, and throwing a price tag over it. Hourly pay isn't bad, but you could get a lot more for the whole package rather than each hour.

tomb08uk

Yes a one off lump sum and add a little extra and say that includes the site plus a years worth of me updating the site weekly/monthly. Most companies around charge 800pounds for a basic HTMl website, so its a few pages i think about 250/300 pounds.

magicman

VIP Member
It may be an idea to charge what you think, but then break it down into its different components when invoicing them, so they know what they're getting for their money, so for example x for html, y for flash content, z for javascript and x2, x3 etc for the nmber of pages.