i3 350m integrated gpu?

ClaireCat

Hi, this is my first post, so sorry if its in the wrong place!

I just bought a new laptop on friday (my gaming laptop died a death so im slumming it for a few months til i can afford a decent one) and it has an i3-330m processor with nVidia GeForce GT325m/1gb.

My issue is, the i3, for some reason, has its own intel HD graphics, so I'm not sure what one my computer uses.

When i go to dxdiag it shows my intel graphics and not my nvidia. Can i disable the intel gpu?

I play World of Warcraft, and I want to be sure its using the dedicated gpu and not the integrated one. I tried disabling the integrated one, but my screen went black lol!

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if it was a stupid question.

What make and model of laptop is it?

Try going into the BIOS change the Primary Video output to PCI/AGP based on the card. (In your case I assume PCI-e)

The model of the laptop would help. Some laptops can interchange between the integrated and discrete GPU's. Have you read the manual?

If I were you I would go with a desktop computer purchase in the future. Laptops are not the way to go if you want to do video games as they have much less processing power than a good desktop system. Your games would run much better on a desktop computer.

Back