Ibuypower.com

bornon5

What is the general opinion of ibuypower.com? They have very good prices and a great selection of stuff, but I'm wary. Do they use high quality parts? Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks!

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
You can pick what parts you want throught the configurator, from what i hear they are good, outside what kof mentioned

laptops not worth the price they want them for. If you need a new pc i would suggest building one i mean you cant go wrong there really fun to do and for what it would cost to customize on ibuypower you could get for a cheaper price buy just building it. also if you didnt want to build (dont know how or just dont want to) you could buy the parts then take them to like a geek squad and have them build it for you. also if you dont know how to build the people here at the forum are realy nice and we will be willing to help you.

bornon5

I appreciate the offer, but I just had a bad experience building a computer with Newegg parts, and (two months later) I just want to buy one. The difference is $100 or so, and I'm willing to pay that now for peace of mind.

Anybody know about cyberpowerpc.com? Their prices are comparable to ibuypower's, and they have great reviews on resellerratings.com.

Thanks!

bornon5

I want a desktop for around $900 (+/- $50). Why ibuypower? Cyberpower seems to have much better reviews.

i like ibuypower just when its desktops only reason i havent bought from cyberpower. so your guess is as good as mine. also you cant base things on reviews. because stuff happens to products before it comes to you.

sendhelp

I have brought from Ibuypower.com everything went fine but expect 1-2 months for your PC to arrive

they take forever building it

ya but thats why i say build it yourself but he says he didnt have such a good experience with newegg so he wants to buy. and 1-2 months is if you want to like SLI and crap. Your rite it is a long time just to get a PC.

jutnm

iono i was comparing my computer to some of theirs , i think they over price the parts and ur just paying for the labor, build ur own , more fun, u learn, and u get what u want and not their options, jsut ask some of the guys on this forum for help

iono i was comparing my computer to some of theirs , i think they over price the parts and ur just paying for the labor, build ur own , more fun, u learn, and u get what u want and not their options, jsut ask some of the guys on this forum for help

I asked him the same question. Said he didn't have good experience with newegg and the overall building of a PC.
:cool:

jutnm

i think newegg is great, got all my parts with in the 3 day period liek they said and building is the fun part, its like LEGOS all over again , i think he should build it, bc u have more options than just a company giving u, ur just paying for labor, really and warranty, if they have it.

Thank you Jutnm
Couldnt have said it better. I mean on a 1500 dollar computer your paying like a 200 dollar assembly charge. Its outrageous i mean think about it 200 dollars could be the difference between and extra 2gb of ram or a couple humongous hard drives or even on newegg. find 300 dollars more and get a terabyte of memory or for 500 dollars get a blu-ray dvd burner. People dont understand how much they give away.

Jutnm i need to ask you a couple questions if its cool with you.

azulleyfire

I've purchased my own computer from Ibuypower.
Do not even think about it.
The restore discs did not include the Cable drivers I needed, The tech support is nothing, and by nothing i mean they won't talk to you, they Can't talk to you, They don't talk. It sounds like they're on drugs, I got no help, and now i have to use a router.