IDE to USB2.0 not showing Maxtor HD In My Computer

pc club guy

the only place i see it is in My Computer (Right Click)> Properties > Device Manager > Disk Drives. Doesn't show up in My Computer, nor Computer Management to where all drives can be formated (Disk Management)
couple pictures to help you figure out how i can get this to work.

Geoff

VIP Member
Since it's via USB, i think it sees it as a removable disk, if thats the case then it wont show up in the BIOS, and may not show up under windows disk management.

pc club guy

the other external ones show up, and its not the external case, because i tried it with another HD, its the HD itself, that causes this error, any other ideas, guys, please?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
first thing that sprung to my mind is to change that jumper to CS, just in case, ive had drives beofre where one is on Master and one is on Slave, didnt work at all, even if i swapped there cabl positions, changed them to CS and it worked a treat... so yeh, try that and see what happens, if that doesnt work, then...:

> what other stuff you you have plugged in via USB
> does that USB port actually work
> have you tried the drive in another computer
> does the drive spin up
> do you hear any crackling or scratching/clicking noises from the drive.

dragon

PC eye

banned
One thought to add along with those things is the brand differences. Where the Seagate and Toshiba had no problems Maxtor seems to have it's own thing where you may to submit a support ticket if not finding info in their FAQ section on this.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Is there an on position to power the device? And is the device plugged in? There needs to be power.

PC eye

banned
Try sending in a support request before putting it in the recycle bin. You may have to download a drive utility first to enable the correct mode for the drive.