Im about to scream...

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ok I have formatted and reinstalled windows a dozen times on mine and my fiancees computer, but im about to throw this thing right out the damn window...

She has the Dell 700m Inspiron notebook and I succesfully got windows installed but when it came time to install drivers I ran into an issue... Dell did not send her a drivers disc meaning I have to use their crappy website to attempt and find all of the correct ones. Everything was going fine until I tried to install her wireless card which is not showing up anywhere in the hardware configuration. I downloaded various drivers attempting to locate the correct one but to no avail.

So thinking maybe I installed something in the wrong order, I wiped everything clean and am reinstalling windows for the second time. Is there a certain order to follow this time drivers wise?

Also I read somewhere that dell puts a recovery partition on their computers but Ill be dammed if I could find it anywhere... how would I access it if there was?

Any reasons why the wireless card would not have shown up in the system hardware menu?

G25r8cer

You most likely already wiped the recovery partition if you did a full reformat. But, if it had a recovery partition you would have saw that when you reformated and made a new partition.

PCC_Australia

Dell didnt send you the discs you say? Get onto their support centre and get a copy of the discs that should have come with the computer, as they are included into the price of the laptop, so don't let them rip you off.

Everything you need can be found here

Alternatively, if you know the name/brand/type of the device you can manually navigate to the manufacturers website and download the correct driver, based on Operating system and any other variables.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Well I did that PCC but the dell website has about 14 different drivers for the wireless chip so its hard to figure out which one is the right one when I cant see on the computer what chip she has.

massahwahl

VIP Member
May have came across something... found the intel drivers from the intel website. Im going to try those this time around.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Got it! Intels website had the right driver! Luckily someone on a another forum posted the same issue and someone identified the right chip so I could search and find it. Thanks all!