I'm trying to physically take out the network adapter of my IBM Thinkpad laptop model

andrewanimation

I'm trying to physically take out the network adapter of my IBM Thinkpad laptop model 2373RU1. The network adapter is an Intel PRO/1000 MT located in "PCI bus 2, device 1, function 0" according to the Device Manager. I assume I have to unscrew something under the laptop and remove a card or something of some sort. Where might that be located? Thank you.

linkin

VIP Member
I'd assume it's soldered to the motherboard... Why are you trying to take it out? Is it not working?

wolfeking

banned
the wireless cards are attached to a PCI express slot on the mobo. Generally has 2 #1 phillips screws holding it to the case/mobo.
Not sure on that particular laptop model, but on my old R52 Lenovo laptop, it was under the keyboard (as was the processor, 1 DDR2 slot and several other connections). Thats the first place that I would check, as the Toshibas that I have used had theirs there too. However, on the HP it has a cover next to the RAM cover to access the PCI express slot (changed out the wireless card for a PCI express 32GB SSD). He may be wanting to either keep his computer secure or take it out to add something else to his PCI slot as I did.

PohTayToez

Assuming what you're talking about here is a wireless card, if it's not under one of the covers on the bottom then it's going to be under the keyboard. However if you're talking about the network card that allows for wired networking, then it can't be removed.