installing problem

hlp

i was installing window xp pro but keep getting a error at the page where it say wait 39min to finish my comp turn off right then. n one more is when after it finish installing window set up before the page w/ 39min waiting appear it say something about not eough memory to for something it restart too fast for me to read it.

BrokaToe

What are your system specs?

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional

PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*

Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

CD-ROM or DVD drive

Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

patrickv

What are your system specs?

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional

PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*

Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

CD-ROM or DVD drive

Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

:p :p
I think the OP has a spec better than that.
Anyway he needs to give the specific error code, it's a BSOD for sure.
Probably a ram issue from a mild guess

BrokaToe

Yah, I'm thinking he doesn't have enough ram installed. Although he said he was unable to read the error, it went off too quick. Can you hit the Break key or something to freeze the screen in order to read the error message before it goes off?

hlp

i got 500gb hdd, 4gb ram, intel core 2 quad 1333MHz, keyboard/mouse, one cd i install from have a error Dspdsblr.exe or somthing close to that, other cd i install from just shut down after getting to the this page http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/images/image2_2.html
does it effect if i dont have a ide master cause i only got a slave? and i got something saying unknown cpu detected need to update the bios do this matter on installing a os?

Last edited:

BrokaToe

Are you trying this install on a freshly formatted drive or partition? Or are you installing over an existing install? Always be sure to format the HD before trying a fresh install of windows. If this is not the issue, then it could be a faulty ram issue.

BrokaToe

well, when you start the install for windows it should ask you if you want to format the drive and install... Opt to format before you install. Format to a NTFS file system