Intel DZ68BC Problem

enothor

I have an Intel DZ68BC mobo in and am getting no video. I've already purchased a new mobo, cpu, and video card. I can't get anything with the onboard vid or the cards. I've noticed a couple things, but I'm sure how relevent they are. The green standby light comes on as soon as I plug in the power, but it stays on after I power up the machine. Also, the little square that gives error codes does not light up at all?? Any ideas?

btw, all lights and fans come on as expected. I've also tested the psu and it reads fine. I've also tried removing mem mods and trying different variations.:confused:

spirit

Staff member
Could be several things:

Your motherboard may be dying or it is shorting out on the case. Remove the motherboard from the case and rest it on a book or a wooden table or something, then plug everything in (hard drive, optical drve etc etc) and see if the board works whilst it is outside of the case. If it does work, then it is shorting out on the case.

Can you test everything in a different computer? Like test the power supply and video card in a different PC?

When you installed the CPU, did you try to force it in? Sometimes bent pins on the CPU can result in lack of onboard video or video at all. Carefully take out the CPU and look to see if any of the pins are bent.

enothor

still nothing, no video, no post...exact same. It's a brand new mobo and cpu and vid card, so what are other possibilities specific to this mobo maybe? It shouldn't be doing the same thing after swapping that much out and what not, unless I got a bad part. Any other tips?

enothor

no bent pins, everything is disconnected now except for one varying stick of ram, the cpu and fan, and the psu. Running it off onboard vid, but getting no different results.it still seems strange that there are absolutely no lights or any activity on the post code area.