Intergrated Webcam Issue

BenG

Hey all,

Had to replace the Hard Drive in my Samsung R510. I put windows 7 x64 on it but obviously my integrated webcam doesn't work. I can't find anything driver wise on the Samsung website. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it back working? I also have an integrated Mic I'd like to get back working too.

Cheers Guys,

tigerboy1999

Go to samasungs website and find your pc under my account. Choose support and view downloads. Otherwise try a webcam software out there to use! will skype do?

BenG

Do you have a better model number? I can't seem to find that one.

Exactly. The model number on the back of my Laptop is NP R510. It's 4 years old mind. The usual webcam software is called Samsung PlayCamera, it's just not on my laptop anymore

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
There's probably another intricate model number on a sticker somewhere you're not seeing.

BenG

There's probably another intricate model number on a sticker somewhere you're not seeing.

Ah I fixed it. I found a Play Camera Download link for another Samsung Laptop. Installed it and my cam was working. Uninstalled it and now it works with Skype/MSN. I think it just needed recognising by somewhere to get it going again (y)

Now I need my Mic to work haha!

And on the back it says

NP-R510 FAA2UK
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_R510_460328.html