Internet script

The Astroman

Hey all!
I'm trying to write some sort of script for my website, but have no idea in what language I could do it, and I'm sure such a script already exists for me to use.

Basically, I have a drop-down menu with multiple options (for example, "Type of Restaurant"), and then a field where one can enter a number (for example, "Number of diners"), and then I would like the script (php, Javascript or whatever) to display something like: "The total amount to be paid is $ xx" where xx depends on the option chosen from the drop-down menu and the number entered.

Can anyone help me with this, specifically indicate with what language this could be done (I briefly overlooked PHP although I don't know if it could fit the bill) or even better, tell me where I could find the script already done.

sometechieguy

Based on that description I can't think of any scripts out there that would already do that. You might want to elaborate on your description a little.

Otherwise, php, ruby, asp, any of those would work just fine but I would recommend php since it is probably the most widespread and probably the easiest to learn. Start at tizag.com - they have some of the best beginner tutorials out there for php.