Inventory software with POS System recommendations?

Illuminator

I've got three textile stores that are badly in need of some "modernizing".

We mostly do our inventory count by hand and bits and pieces of paper but you can only imagine how time consuming (and frequently frustrating) this process is.

I've got a good friend who's great with computers but isn't familiar with software, so do any of you have recommendations a software program that will allow me to..

- log all of my current stock
- deduct stock in real time
- consolidate my 3 stores databases in real time
- offer a POS service system where i can update prices, include sales and also tally the amount of each stock (e.g. in textile we need to know either by feet or meter of the particular fabric)

With that I will need some POS systems which I am currently researching as well, but if anyone has any recommendations please let me know :)

I'd rather try and put this together myself with my friend as

A: it will save me money

B: I think it would be a great learning experience :)

Thanks guys, cheers!

Illuminator

lol no way dude, kinda wish i was in grad school though....textile is a pain in the ass....i work for my dad if that helps to clear up my story, he's old school so trying to modernize his store is a bit difficult.

tlarkin

VIP Member
You're gonna need a database back end. I would start calling around and see who you want to go with. You could write your own but that would be a HUGE task.

Oracle is big in this, as is IBM. I would see if they have any resellers near you and talk about costs to implement the system and of course support.