Is 750watt enough for 2 GTX 470?

gamerwithoutrig

For modern systems, you can add up the TDP of all graphics cards and your CPU, add 100W, and you'll have a ballpark estimate of your power requirements. Add 150W is you're overclocking anything. (Note, by "power requirements", I'm referring to how much power yyour system will use, not what wattage PSU you should get.)

In your case, with no overclocking, your rig would probably even run well on a good quality 650W unit...so a 750W one is fine.

I can't choose a 850W.. :/

Drenlin

I can't choose a 850W.. :/

Where'd you get 850W from? :confused:

Unless you want tri-sli, you could save a bit of money going with one of those factory OC'd 460's. Newegg has the Gigabyte Super Overclock and the MSI Hawk Talon Attack, both of which are more or less on par with a 470 in performance. The gigabyte one is slightly faster than the MSI, I think, but both are good.

Last edited:

gamerwithoutrig

Unless you want tri-sli, you could save a bit of money going with one of those factory OC'd 460's. Newegg has the Gigabyte Super Overclock and the MSI Hawk Talon Attack, both of which are more or less on par with a 470 in performance. The gigabyte one is slightly faster than the MSI, I think, but both are good.

Hm, but if I buy GTX 460 SLI, will it run Mafia II full settings with a good framerate? :)

linkin

VIP Member
Mafia II is an odd one. In SLI it will run PhysX on the CPU. You get get two of them. You can max Mafia II with one 460, so I'd use the other dedicated for physx, just for mafia 2.

Everything else, put them back in SLI.

gamerwithoutrig

Think I replied wrong post, sorry bro

BurningSkyline

The HAF X has excellent cable management, no need to spend extra money on a modular PSU. :good:

My bad, I didn't read all the posts so I didnt know he was getting a HAF X. I just saw the post about the PSU and suggested something modular..

For PhysX, You would more than likely want something single slot with low TDP.
I think a 9800GT would be fine.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I've never done any SLi setups, but you could probably take the SLi Bridge off and unplug the power.

You can turn sli off from nvidia control panel, no need to change hardware, it Is just a tick box there

For whether a gtx460 is enough for mafia 2 yes it is, it will play it fine, 2 in sli would give better performance but a single one will still be playing it on full settings no problem

Last edited: