Is GeForce 6600GT good?

Hosick

That was genuinely a very good guide. Thanks, i'll read it in more detail soon.

But i need you to answer another question:
In order to install my new Graphics Card, i have to upgrade my Power Supply, but is there anything else i must do before i do this?
I mean, you need a better power supply to power the Graphics Card, so is there anything i need to run a better Power Supply?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need anything else to run a better power supply. The power supply runs everything on your system. The only thing a power supply is dependant on is a wall outlet that supplies power.

spynoodle

That was genuinely a very good guide. Thanks, i'll read it in more detail soon.

But i need you to answer another question:
In order to install my new Graphics Card, i have to upgrade my Power Supply, but is there anything else i must do before i do this?
I mean, you need a better power supply to power the Graphics Card, so is there anything i need to run a better Power Supply?
Are you sure you don't have enough wattage? What wattage is your Power Supply?

Hosick

My Wattage is only 250.
I'm going to go for a 400W.

I've found a Graphics Card, Power Supply, and extra RAM as well. From ebay and Play.com

GeForce 8600 (i think) so it would need a good bit of power.
So for that i need a Power Supply, but the one i've picked out at £16.99 requires a DDR3 RAM.
So off i go to get RAM. i currently have a 2GB DDR2, so 2GB of DDR3 is £30, but i found 4GB for £36, so i'll get that.

Power Supply is CiT, i think. Dunno if that's good, but it's good enough for me, if it turns on i'm happy.
GPU - nVidea GeForce
RAM - Kingston.

(All this comes to ~£85)

Last edited: