Is it possible to transfer Windows like this?

Maddy95

So my cousin has a laptop with Windows Vista and I have a laptop with Ubuntu. I really want to install Windows on my computer but mine doesn't have a CD drive (I know!). Is it possible for me to use a USB cord to transfer the installment of Windows from my cousin's computer to mine?
And how would I do that?

(By the way: I have the disk for Windows Vista and my computer can't connect to the internet-so I can't download anything).
Thank you!:D

sshaggy

I think that would be illegal. U have to buy a different copy for ur machine. U can buy the disk, then make a bootable usb drive and install vista from there.
But first buy urself an original copy.
If u are not interested in buying vista, go for windows 7. Its free till august next year, and much better than vista.

wardhanster

well you can use lan network to access your cd/dvd rom then install it form there on some other drive use the installer which runs while you os is still running ... using usb may be thats not possible..

sshaggy

I didnt bother to google about the exact expiration date of Win 7. I left it for the user to find out. I just wrote the approximate date from my memory.

Concordedly

So my cousin has a laptop with Windows Vista and I have a laptop with Ubuntu. I really want to install Windows on my computer but mine doesn't have a CD drive (I know!). Is it possible for me to use a USB cord to transfer the installment of Windows from my cousin's computer to mine?
And how would I do that?

(By the way: I have the disk for Windows Vista and my computer can't connect to the internet-so I can't download anything).
Thank you!:D

In addition to everything else mentioned, illegal and more than likely impossible over USB, doing it LAN-wise would be difficult for a regular computer user. Just buy Windows. It's worth it.